Thursday, July 9, 2009

Spreading the word

The graffiti knit kids are branching out!

I've got some work in the pipelines for a workshop (watch this space), an exhibition (also watch this space!), a photo essay in the newspaper, and hopefully a knitting class at the local high school (errr... space will be watched?).

My apologies that it isn't more concrete. You'll be the first to know when it is of course ;)

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I found the most inspirational site ever for the high school graffiti knit stuff - Identity School

I'm thinking my preferred option might be a little less structured; the class will be more of a space/time in which teens can express themselves... talk about love, lives, and struggles... cross social divides... and pick up a few useful skills at the same time.

Am I kidding myself?

We'll see.

1 comment:

Sonja said...

Did you hear the interview on Nine to Noon on National Radio (Guerilla Knitting 10 July)with Magda Seyag from Texas? It's on iTunes.